Saturday, October 2, 2010

Movement

Movement...

You can move away from, you can move into, you can move close to...
There are two elements in each of these sentences.

Two actions really:
The physical movement and The emotional one.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all you ways acknowledge Him
and He will direct your paths.
-Proverbs 3:5-6

This verse identifies both the desire for physical movement and the need for emotional movement, and I think it prioritizes the latter.  

How many times do I have to learn this and how many times do I deny that what is happening within is effecting the functioning and effectiveness of the physical.  How many times do I have to suddenly remember that my answer came when I stopped trying to make it come? The movement of my heart in this way is what ultimates initiates the clearing of my mind and allows my feet the freedom to move.


Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas "Do not go gentle into that good night"

I always seek my artistry to inspire me and when it doesn't, I get anxious.
It mostly doesn't. At least not without some external inspiring.
I think D.T. has something here...something about being willing to trust that which we cannot know, see, feel...something about trusting in the past, something about trusting in each other, something about trusting that darkness and humility lead to wisdom.  Trusting that there is an inspiring waiting to be met.  

But, for me, it is so true that I fight, fight that passage of patience and unknowing in my life.  Those times when the answer is always a day away, never closer and certainly never farther away.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Could it be that this to is an ode to two separate things?
Two simultaneous tasks that seem to contradict, but are really just asking us to wait with hope, to trust with faith and to know ourselves without knowing which way we are going?

call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with my own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
-Psalm 77:6

...Movement

No comments:

Post a Comment